Saturday, October 3, 2009

themes

My wedding is definitely going to have a bit of a 50s vibe. That's undeniable. I've been completely smitten with the Dior New Look for as long as I can remember.




The most iconic silhouette was the cinched-waist and crazy full skirt. Dior, coming from a decade of war shortages, played with the excesses of the 50s. It's super feminine and, well, pretty!

For the sake of preventing my wedding from resembling a sock hop, I'm infusing a few other elements.



Is that Swan Lake, you say? Yes.

I never really got that good at ballet (though I did have feet dancers envied), but my mom took me to so many shows growing up. The tulle, the satin -- it's all romantic.

So for my personal wedding look, I'm combining the elements of vintage Dior and the ballet. It's everything I love, which is the most I could ask for. How did you decide on your wedding "look"?

2 comments:

  1. Was that first photo from a Vogue a couple years back? Looks VERY familiar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a vintage Vogue shoot, which the mag referenced a few years ago with its annual model issue.

    ReplyDelete