Friday, October 2, 2009

ribbons!

So I have these ribbons.




All bazillion yards of it (or about 80). During my trip to Chicago I stopped at Vogue Fabrics in Evanston and found these in a clearance bin, $3/spool. A SPOOL! I grabbed what I could find in pink and it was delightful. I also bought 2.5 yards of black grosgrain, which, incidentally, also cost $3.

But now I'm wondering what exactly I will be doing with these. They're not double-faced, which disturbs me a little..

So what can I do with random bits of ribbon? Seating cards? Invitation belly bands? Something even more creative?

I started to think about the ceremony and how we would decorate. At first I saw this image:


Instead of a garland of gift bags, I'd just do cloth pennants tied with ribbon. Is that kind of weird?I don't know!

No comments:

Post a Comment