Monday, December 14, 2009

shoes part i

My first fitting is coming up in January and I was warned to bring all of my accoutrements. I.E. undergarments, veil, headpiece, SHOES.

I don't have all that other stuff either, but I'm mostly freaked about shoes -- which is strange considering my closet.


I know there's this color trend out there and it's really pretty and cool, but it's not really my bag. And yet, I get the motivation because nice shoes are expensive, especially bridal shoes, so why not spend mucho bucks on shoes you can wear again?

It's not as if I don't love a bright shoe, I do, it's just that with my dress I feel it's not right. It's crying out for a ivory satin sandal, truly. I'm all for having some wackiness in my wedding, but I just want my look to be quasi-elegant.

So I started browsing the usual suspects for shoes: Nordstrom, Zappos, and Macys. I found some great ones on Zappos, but HO MAH GAWD, expensive. The most I've ever spent on a pair of shoes was $150, not a joke here. They were rabbit lined knee-high boots with a smart little buckle, on sale in Chicago. I've worn them every winter for SIX YEARS. Can you see how spending even $174 for a pair of clearance ivory Kate Spades that are magical to look at makes me woozy? They may be lovely, but wear them for six seasons, I think not.



Unless. Unless unless. Could I dye the shoes afterward?

How are you rationalizing your wedding shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment