Thursday, April 29, 2010

shower it up

Two weeks ago in Indiana, both of my mom's best friends threw me a shower at White Hawk Country Club, with help from my bridesmaid M. It was so unexpected and generous.
Everything was so thoughtful. The centerpieces were single pink peony blooms, the exact color of pink peonies I chose for the wedding.
Even the cupcakes were color-coordinated. All the cupcakeries in DC do not hold a candle to these!
I was also completely spared from any embarrassing games, bless them. I showed up, ate a lovely lunch, opened gifts, and mingled with the guests.
my mom, who coincidentally, sewed her dress!

trying not to break the ribbon while bridesmaid M takes notes

I guess I played one game that I didn't know I was playing, where the number of ribbons I break predict the number of kids I have? I had no idea that was a thing. Once I found out, I became super careful. I only broke one after the whole day!

This shower was really fun and touching, too, because most of the guests were my mom's friends that I grew up around. Being surrounded and supported by women like them has been such a positive influence in my life, so having them there meant a lot to me.


On a related note, I smuggled 48.5 pounds of gifts home with me and TSA must think I have a major Martha Stewart problem.

How was your shower experience? Or if you haven't had yours yet, what are you most looking forward to about the shower?

No comments:

Post a Comment