Tuesday, April 6, 2010

press the button: the last stand

I won't beat around the bush: the invites are finished. I have pretty mixed feelings about the whole process: I love that I was able to incorporate my fonts and colors, but I hate how much time I spent on them. They're done though, so I'll stop complaining.

Because I'm so pro, I did an official photoshoot on a wrinkled sheet. Like I said, pro.

Pardon the random spaces.

My biggest piece of advice for doing your own invites: order way more envelopes than you think you need. I had to order a second set because I cut it too close the first time and misspelled my hometown's name on seven envelopes.

I want to give it to straight when it comes to the invites and their cost, so here it is, based on 55 invitations:

Letterpressed invite only: $150
Crane Cardstock: $40
Envelopes (rsvp & invitation): $20
Cardstock for liners: $20
Paper cutter: $20
Twine: $15
RSVP labels: $25
Ribbon: $3
Postage: $57 (oversized and square envelope = $$)

Total: $350

I excluded the cost of fonts, which would've been $150.

Product Sources:
Letterpress - Lucky Duck Press
Invite cardstock - Crane Paper
Envelopes - Cards and Pockets
Liner Cardstock - Discount Cardstock
Twine - Divine Twine
Labels - Paper Source

Because I'm kind and benevolent, I brought out a piece of fabric for one glamour shot.
And I'll never talk about invitations again.

No comments:

Post a Comment