Thursday, March 11, 2010

engagement photos.. I tease, I tease!

Back in January on Kirk's birthday, we visited Philly for our engagement photos. One of the bees, Ms. Candy Corn, had advertised on Weddingbee that she was doing a few pro bono sessions to build her portfolio and I jumped at the chance. Our wedding day photographer, Heidi Geldhauser, is based in Atlanta, so we probably would have skipped these if it weren't for Candy Corn's generosity!

When it came to picking out the wardrobe, I will admit there wasn't much rhyme or reason. I wanted us to look coordinated, but not matchy matchy. This is the breakdown!

My outfit
  • Long-sleeved black onesie from American Apparel (necessary for the short skirt!)
  • Green faux taffeta mini from H&M
  • Black dotted tights from Express
  • Gold bow platform shoes by Coach, found at DSW 
  • Fuchsia coat from Express eons ago
His Outfit
  • White button down from J.Crew
  • Pink, Green, and Black plaid tie by Isaac Mizrahi for Target
  • Black v-neck sweater from H&M
  • Jeans from H&M
  • Brown loafers by Calvin Klein from Macys
  • Green and blue striped military watch from J.Crew
  • Black pea coat from Express
My hair was a total afterthought. I intended to wear it down and straightened, but at the last minute decided to curl it. Well, curling never looks right on me, so at the very last-last minute I put it up in a bun. It wasn't ideal, but I think it worked out well enough.

The final result?

More to come, someday. How did you decide what to wear for your engagement pictures?

1 comment:

  1. Y'all look great! OLOL is shooting my wedding too -- I've got Jesse & Whitney. Heidi's photos are amazzzing!

    ReplyDelete